Powerless vehicle detection system
Detect vehicles with no power cords and no batteries. Completely wireless!
Common Parking Lot Issues
- Initial investment for parking garage management system is too high
- Want short-term trial of parking lot management system
- Want to know the availability of parking spots
- Want to reduce the cost of parking garage attendants
Adamant-Namiki's powerless vehicle detection sensors are the solution
Powerless vehicle detection sensors:
- Are completely wireless. They can be installed, moved, and removed easily
- Have no electricity cost and provide real-time detection of vehicles
- Can be trialed easily without large capital or time commitments
Completely wireless. Easy installation, relocation, and removal
- Installation time compared to conventional systems
- Installation time
- 15 minutes/vehicle
- Removal time
- 3 minutes/vehicle
Installation of the powerless vehicle detection sensor
Placement of the sensor
place the sensor so that the front or back wheel of one side travels over the sensor when the vehicle is parked.
Recommended placement: 1,400 ~ 1,800 mm from the parking blocks
place the sensor so that the back wheels of one side travels over the sensor when the vehicle is parked.
Recommended placement: 4,000 ~ 5,000 mm from the loading dock.
Vehicle will be detected when the tire contacts any part of the sensor.
The sensor can be extended as needed.
Completely wireless. Easy setup.
- Sensor installation
- Gateway installation
- Installation complete
Real-time monitoring with zero electricity costs
Wireless data transmission
No electricity costs
No battery replacement
Real-time and highly accurate
This is the
next generation vehicle detection system.
Use case: parking lot
Detect parked cars
- Real-time occupancy information
- Monitor parking time
- Monitor number of vehicles entering/exiting the parking lot
- Detect wrong-way driving
- Monitor driving speed
Smooth parking guidance
Reallocate parking lot attendants, guide vehicles to affiliated lots, and alleviate congestion
- Reduce accidents
- Reduce congestion on surrounding roads
- Improve customer satisfaction
Use case: logistics center
Detect vehicles in the waiting area
- Real-time occupancy information
- Monitor docking time
- Record number of vehicles
Calculation of berth utilization rate
Optimize loading and unloading work
Smooth guidance of vehicles
Reallocation of vehicle guides
Monitor vehicle waiting/idle times
- Reduce truck waiting times
- Flatten usage peaks
- Increase efficiency of loading and unloading work
Outline of vehicle detection system
Data is collected, processed,
and optimized in the cloud.
Easily collect vehicle data with low initial investment,
construction, and maintenance costs.
Design of vehicle detection system
Our standard package
Improving reliability and stability of vehicle detection and increasing detection range.
Depending on the communication environment, it is sometimes necessary to install IoT gateways to improve transmission reliability.
Digitization to improve operational efficiency
- By visualizing the data, problems can be easily detected
- Since a wide range of data is gathered, many different insights can be gained by analyzing the big data
AI analysis of past big data will lead to optimization of current parking lot operations.
Connect various industries and people to bring new value to existing infrastructure
Parking lot example
- Collect data needed to improve profitability
- Price revision
- Survey potential demand of parking lots, such as those closed at night
- Review business hours
- For manned parking lots, analyze data to most effectively allocate parking lot attendants
- Improve work efficiency, reduce labor costs
- Survey demand of new parking lots
- Forecast earnings
Logistics center example
- Add berth operation and utilization forecasts to the operation plan.
- Improve accuracy of operation plans
- Optimize loading and unloading work by distributing usage to avoid concentration of usage.
- Improve berth utilization rate
- Analyze data to most effectively allocate parking lot attendants.
- Improve work efficiency, reduce labor costs
- Understand vehicle waiting times.
- Improve operational efficiency, white logistics
We customize for your countries wireless regulation.
|Detection accuracy||> 99%*1|
|Detection latency||< 10 seconds*1 *2|
|Durability||70,000 actuations or 5 years|
(between sensor and gateway)
|40 meters max.*1|
|Detectable speed||< 20 km/h|
|Detection function||Vehicles only (function set to cancel detection of people)|
|Installation method||Anchor mounting/adhesion (quick install)|
|Protective rating||IPX6 equivalent|
|Temperature||-20 - +60 deg C|
|Humidity||95% max. (without dew)|
|Length||1,000mm, 1,500mm, etc.|
|Weight||8kg (1,000 mm sensor)|
*1 Based on demonstration experiments
*2 May vary depending on software version and network conditions
Procedure to get your own vehicle detection system
We will create a unique proposal to match your environment and needs.
Frequently Asked Questions（FAQ）
- Q：Can only passenger vehicles be detected?
- In addition to passenger vehicles, large vehicles such as buses and trucks can also be detected.
- Q：Is there any maintenance required?
- Since the system does not use any batteries, maintenance such as battery replacement and spare battery inventory management are not needed. However, we recommend that you check the anchors and tighten any loose anchors on a regular basis.
- Q：How durable is it?
- The generator has been durable to 2 million actuations. The system as a whole has demonstrated durability above 70,000 actuations.
- Q：Can it be used outdoors?
- The sensor has a waterproof design and can be used outdoors. See the product specifications for details.
- Q：Will it react to people stepping on the sensor?
- The system is sensitive enough to detect people. Therefore, function to cancel actuations caused by people has been included in the software. Therefore, the system has been designed to detect only vehicles.
- Q：How are people and vehicles distinguished?
- The data collected by the sensor is sent to the IoT gateway where it is analyzed and only data from vehicles is sent to the cloud. Therefore, there is minimal demand on computing power beyond the IoT gateway.
- Q：How long is the installation time?
- Installation time is roughly 15 minutes per vehicle. Compared to the installation of the loop-coil system which requires large-scale construction, installation time is about 1/10. Therefore, the system can be installed and removed without shutting down an operating parking lot. In addition, since it can be installed and removed so quickly, it is possible to collect usage information of seasonal and fixed-term parking lots.
- Q：Is anchoring the only installation method?
- We recommend the anchoring method. However, adhesive tape can also be used for short-term installations. Long-term usage of tape installation is still under study.
- Q：To what types of surfaces can the system be applied?
- The system can be used on concrete and asphalt surfaces.
- Q：Does it matter which direction the vehicle is facing when parked?
- The sensor reacts to the weight of the tire passing over it. Therefore, the direction the vehicle is facing does not affect the detection accuracy.
- Q：Is the cloud-based configuration the only configuration available?
- Currently, only the cloud-based configuration is available. Please contact us if you prefer direct connections to display boards or other configurations.
- Q：Are there other operating costs apart from the sensors and gateways?
- Fees for electric power for the IoT gateway, LTE line usage, cloud usage, and the management software will be required. The cloud and management software are prepared by the customer, but can also be arranged by Adamant-Namiki. Please contact us for more details.
Please complete the following form and then click the Confirm button.