The high Young's Modulus of sapphire produces clear, realistic sound.
What is a Cartridge Spacer?
Cartridge spacers are used to adjust the total weight of the headshell and to adjust the height of the stylus point. It is also used to reduce vibrations. The cartridge spacer prevents vibrations received by the records from being transmitted through the tonearm to the cartridge, resulting in much clearer sound reproduction. Cartridge spacers made of cloth, wood, resin, metal, ceramics and other materials are available on the market. Adamand Namiki has produced the world’s first sapphire cartridge spacer. By using such a hard material with high Young’s modulus, it is possible to block excess vibration and faithfully reproduce a clear and realistic sound.
Sapphire is a very hard crystal. On the other hand, it chips easily. Even if the thickness is reduced by just 0.1 mm, chips from processing become very visible. Adamand Namiki's vast processing knowhow, such as grinding and polishing technologies, have allow us to resolve these issues and provide beautiful products free of chips.
With the help of a sound professional and countless audio testing, the thickness of the cartridge spacer has been dialed in precisely to create a comfortable and well-balanced sound.
We had serious record enthusiasts try out our products.
- I can hear the crispness of the guitar.
- With all of the noise gone, the sound is clear, and you can really appreciate the depth of the music.
- There are no idiosyncrasies.
- The bass part is crisp and clear.
- Even when it is too effective, the sound is still very satisfactory.
How to Use Cartridge Spacers
Place the cartridge spacer between the cartridge and the headshell. Fasten with screw.
Made in Japan
- : Single crystal sapphire
- : Height 16mm, width 16mm,
Thickness 0.4 mm
- : 0.4g
- Load capacity
- : 5kg
- Strong, rapid impacts may chip or damage the stabilizer.
- Damage to the spacer is not covered by the warranty under any usage conditions.
- Keep out of reach of children to avoid accidental ingestion or other injury.
- Do not handle damaged products with your bare hands as it may cause injury.
ORSONIC Cartridge Spacer OS-201
USD150 (tax included)
International Shipping single or multiple items to a single address: USD65 (tax and customs not included)
- Currently availability of products can be check by email.
- For returns and shipments, please refer to the Specified Commercial Transaction Act notification