We have developed a diamond micro drill by applying the processing techniques we use for our record styluses and other products. We can offer excellent micro-hole processing suited for the current era where micromachining is vital.
φ0.8mm micro holes in silica glass.
Diamond drill fabrication gives the inner surface a mirror-smooth finish.
- Machining of holes as small as φ0.1mm (100μm).
- For a φ0.5mm hole, the aspect ratio (length/diameter) can be more than 20.
- Faster and more precise compared to etching, electric discharge machining (EDM) and ultrasonic processing.
- Can be used to process a wide variety of materials, such as ceramics, glass, sapphire, and ruby.
- Since the diamond drill is wear-resistant, it is possible to process numerous holes consecutively with minimal variation in the diameters.
- Diameter : ≥ φ0.1mm
- Center hole position accuracy : ±3μm(φ0.2mm)
- Variation of the hole diameter : ≤ 1μm (100 holes continuous processing)
- Depth : 20 times of the diameter (please consult us in the case of φ0.1mm)
Microchannel in silica glass block. It is possible to manufacture orthogonal holes, or holes with different diameters (φ0.46mm and φ1.6mm shown).
Micro-hole processing in φ2” sapphire wafer. φ0.45mm, 1800 holes continuous processing.